Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4 -- Grateful

On June 7th I stepped on a scale and saw a number I have never seen before ... a number so high I was in shock.  I decided that day to make some changes.  At the time I knew that I had a routine doctor's appointment in 5 months.  I set a goal for myself, I wanted to lose 30 pounds by the appointment.  Well the appointment was today and I was short by 4 pounds.  My doctor wasn't disappointed, she thought I looked great and that I was doing a great job.  We set up another 6 month appointment and she told me she expects to see less of me at that time.

I am grateful that I have not given up.  One day at a time ... one meal at a time and one pound at a time ... I will get to my finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you will! Don't give up. Allow yourself some grace to slip up but just get back on track. I'm very proud of you Maura! This is a courageous battle. I'm not sure how many people understand how this illness can make it hard to get out of bed or even travel. What a fighter!

    ReplyDelete