Sunday, October 14, 2012

Updates ...

This week I tried something new, I gave back and I turned for help ... there was a lot going on in the past few days.  On Thursday evening I attended my first computrainer class at the YMCA.  A computrainer class is a spin class using your own road bike attached to a computer.  The computer can set the tension of trainer and records your watts, cadence, speed and heart rate.  While following a computerized workout the tension will be changed to give you the feeling of climbing some hills or heading down hill.  It was a great class but tough and I will say you can NOT cheat on a computrainer!  I look forward to more classes.

Saturday morning was cold and when I first woke up there was frost on the lawn and on the cars.  However, I had to ignore that because I had registered for a bike ride to raise money for breast cancer research.  It was the Trek Women Breast Cancer Awareness Ride.  October is breast cancer awareness month and knowing survivors and women who have lost their battle with breast cancer, as a woman, it only made sense to do the ride.   Even though it was cold, the sun was shining, and it ended up being a beautiful day and a wonderful event!  So happy I was able to participate in this event.

So I told you the new and I told you about how I gave back now I have to tell you about how I turned for help.  As I have explained in other posts I know part of the training of the 70.3 this year will be working on my weight.  I know losing the excess weight will make a huge difference in my training and my performance.  I struggle every day with my weight and I knew I needed some help.  I met with a dietitian on Friday.  It was good to be honest with someone, not be judged and know that they understood and at times could relate.  I am a closet eater/binger ...if I start I can't stop.  We discussed a lot and instead of trying to change everything at once we are going to try doing a few small changes first.  One step at a time will get me to the finish line.

Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment