Saturday, October 6, 2012

Another Half Marathon in the Horizon

Just a week ago I was getting ready for the Wineglass Half Marathon but five weeks from tomorrow I have another one scheduled for November 11th.  The race I am participating in is called the Monson Classic Half Marathon in Massachusetts.  I definitely need to continue my training for this event I have a feeling it is going to be a tough one.  I check out the elevation of the course and it is over 890 feet at its highest point which is higher than any point on the Mountain Goat course in Syracuse, NY.   Looking at the course map it looks like the course starts climbing at mile 1 and continues up until mile 8.5 until it finally goes down!  Oh the fun I will have that day!

Five weeks should give me enough time to get ready or this race since I already have a base,  What I want that day is to have a strong race and a strong finish.  I don't foresee myself PRing the course but I would love to finish under 3 hours!  Tomorrow I have a long run and I am telling myself it is going to be a good one!  Must keep moving every step is making me stronger!  Stay tuned I will let you know how it goes.

Are we there yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment