Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Monday

This past weekend was very busy but I was also very blessed to spend some quality time with great friends celebrating my birthday.  And I am looking forward to this year being the best yet!!  So after a very busy weekend it was nice to spend my first Monday as a 42 year old relaxing a bit and doing something for myself.  Last week I put my workouts on the back burner due to a busy schedule, stress and limited time but today I didn't let anything stop me.  I did both a run and a swim and I feel good right now.  My run was 3 miles of running bliss.  I ran a few rolling hills in the beautiful sunshine and it was a gorgeous fall day.  There was a light breeze and as I was running the colored leaves were falling around me.  I felt fabulous!

Later in the day I got into the pool for a swim workout.  It was the first time in the pool after weeks of a hiatus.  I completed the workout but I felt slow and at times my arms felt like cement.  It was good to be back in the pool but I was hoping for a better time.  However, I always say you have good workouts and sometimes you have bad workouts.  And you can learn from both of them.  One thing I learned today in the pool was that I can't stay out of the water for that long!

I am happy I got both workouts in so I am not going to complain too much!

In regards to my food challenges.  Last week I gave up Chips/Cheetos/pretzels etc and soda.  I also challenged myself to drink more water.  I completed both, it was tough at times but I did it.  For this week I will continue with the same choices but I will add to the list.  This week I will give up bagels and alcohol and add more fruits and vegetables.  I am not a very good veggie eater!  I am hoping by making these small changes I will see big changes in the future.

OK I am off to watch the Presidential debate now ... which candidate do you think would make a great triathlete?

Are we there yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment