Sunday, May 31, 2015

May 31st...

There are 31 days in the month of May, in case anyone forgot. So many things happen in the month of May, graduations, first communions, I had so many friends growing up who had birthdays in May and my favorite lilacs bloom in May!  I had set a goal for myself to be active/workout every day in May, 31 days. Well I almost did it. Out of the 31 days I worked out 29 days. I swam, biked, ran or walked for 29 days. I missed Wednesday. May 20th and Thursday, 28th. However, if I include the last five days in April, I worked out for 34 of the past 36 days! I am quite impressed with myself.

So what will June hold for me? Well on May 23rd I signed up for an open water swim that will take place on August 29th in Lake George, NY. It is a 3.1 mile swim and I am so looking forward to the event. Also on Monday, May 27th I signed up for another half marathon. I decided when I signed up for these, they would be etched in stone on my calendar and I don't care what else is planned I will not miss them. The half marathon is the Rock n Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon. Since I was feeling so ambitious I also decided to sign up for the C&O Canal Half Marathon in Washington, DC. The Brooklyn Half is on October 10th and the C&O Canal Half is on November 8th. I have incorporated some long runs into my workouts over the last two weekends but now I have to kick it up a notch and June will be the month to do that.

I need to swim, bike and run. I have seven weeks until the Gillie Girl Triathlon; 13 weeks until the swim and 18 weeks until the first half marathon scheduled. We can not waste any time. I also have five work trips planned for this month alone and I can't use that as an excuse. I have to lay out my schedule and work things in appropriately. I will have to keep you posted on what I come up with but I am planning on increasing my swim and bike workouts. There are 30 days in June, bringing my travel into consideration (traveling 15 days) I would like to plan to swim and bike 15 out of the 30 days. On the other days I would walk and run. I can do this!

"But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep" - Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment