Thursday, May 21, 2015

Is there a difference in these pictures?

 Do you see a difference? The picture on the left was taken in March of 2014. I am the person in the green vest. The picture below on the right was taken this month, May, 2015. Some of you may not see a huge difference but I do. Just this week I was searching through some work event photos when I came upon this one on the left. I couldn't believe it when I looked at myself! That was 36 pounds ago!! I haven't taken many pictures of myself over the last 11 months. I don't always like what I see when I am shown what the lens sees so I usually avoid the camera.  However, this past Sunday a friend of mine took this picture of me as I was driving the golf cart around campus during Commencement Weekend. Although I am still far away from my goal and I am certainly not perfect I was quite surprised at the differences that I saw between the two pictures. Obviously this is all working!!

I do have to share some bad news though ... I missed a workout yesterday. I was shooting for 31 straight days in May. I made it 19 straight plus the last five in April made it a total of 24 days straight. I just wasn't feeling it yesterday. I was still tired from the very long work weekend; I had cramps big time and I just didn't have the energy. I didn't even hit 10,000 steps on my fitbit yesterday! I tried but I didn't get it done.

Now I am not giving up, there is always today and tomorrow...I focused on today and I went out for a 40 minute walk this evening. I got right back up on the horse. I need to keep moving towards my goal. Once again today I went over 10,000 steps on my fitbit!! Just keep moving forward, there are 10 more days in May in which I could continue my workouts!

2 comments:

  1. Your perseverance is admirable! I wear a fitbit too. I've hit 10,000 only a few times. It's harder than I thought it would be. I am so glad you are seeing results and are happy with your journey today! I noticed your big SMILE in the gold cart picture! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete