Saturday, November 3, 2012

Training Updates

So Since my last post I have had a swim workout, ran in the rain and had a bike fitness test.  The evening of Halloween I decided instead of eating Halloween candy I was going to head to the gym and get in a swim workout.  Best decision I ever made because NO ONE WAS THERE!!!  It was a ghost town at the gym and I had the swim lane all to myself!!  Thursday was a cold rainy day  and the more I put off the my run the more it rain, so I said to myself "either get out there and do it or you are going to miss it"!  I got out there and I am glad I did!!  Friday I had a bike test at the CNY Triathlon "winter training facility" to see where my base fitness level is and to see where I can push myself.  I have this fear of hitting the wall, so even on an 8 minute test I am afraid to push myself too hard.  You have to complete the test twice and I can tell you that I pushed myself a lot harder on the second test than I did on the first.  I had to push fear out the window!!

Tomorrow I have my last long run before the Half Marathon I signed up for in Massachusetts.  So I am running in 3rd Annual Wounded Warrior Run in Camillus, NY.  It is a race I did last year and it is for a great cause!  Last year they had a 5K and a 10K but this year they are offering an 8K ... huh?  According to my calculations it is just under 5 miles!  It's supposed to be cold so ... let's just hope it is a good run!


 I have to tell you I met with a friend for coffee (tea for me) yesterday.  She is also training for a 70.3, her first and we just wanted to get together and talk and see how things were going.  During our discussion she had mentioned that she records her food for the day and emails it to her coach.  I have been working with a nutritionist but we never discussed turning my food into her.  So after our meeting I emailed my nutritionist and suggested this.  She thought it was a great idea.  I started right away.  The good thing about this is that you have to be honest and write everything down.  The bad part about this is you have to be honest and write everything down.  So before you take that first bite you have to think ... do I want to write this down??  I will keep you updated on how this works.  Thanks Laura for the idea!!

Are we there yet??

No comments:

Post a Comment