Sunday, January 21, 2018

Where I Struggle and Other Resolutions

Today was a really nice day in Central NY. We hit temperatures in the 40s and it was mostly sunny. Much different than the last few weeks around here so believe me I enjoyed it. I volunteered to work a snow shoe race at Beak & Skiff Apple Orchard. It was my first time witnessing a snow shoe race and it was quite fun. I do recreational snow shoeing but I have never competed. When you compete in a snow shoe race you use much smaller snow shoes than the recreational ones and you seem to expense a lot more energy than when you just run. Either way I had a great time and I am so glad I did it.

After the race I had some time to kill before I met my friend Cindy for brunch so I decided to get my run in early instead of waiting until later in the day. I went to Jamesville Beach Park and ran from there. I had to do three miles total and by the time the run was over I had done negative splits. Each mile got faster and I felt great 1 week following the half marathon. Since the park is officially closed for the winter the only place you can park is near the "dog park" area. the dog park area is an open field covered in snow where the dogs can run around unleashed. I had so many dogs come up to me to say hi and they were so excited to be at the park. I have to say it was the happiest place on earth...better than Disney World!!

Following that I met my friend Cindy at the Ruston's Diner in Jamesville. It was good to catch up with her since it has been so long! And I have to admit that my brunch/lunch was fabulous. I am sharing this with you because one of my New Year's Resolutions was to try something new every month. And in January I attended a snow shoe race and went to a diner I have never been. I have always wanted to go to that diner and for several years I lived less than five minutes away but never went...but now that is checked off the list.

Still reflecting on the year and trying to figure things out but there is one thing I am struggling with. As I have shared in the past the Bariatric Surgery is a tool and after the first 12 - 18 months the honeymoon is over and now the real work begins. I struggle with evening eating, after dinner eating...or right before dinner eating if I have gone too long between meals (like tonight). I plan out my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks throughout the day. Everything is weighed, measured, and calculated. I record everything I eat but something happens at night when I get home from the library and I start making my meals for the next day. It is becomes a bite of this, or a taste of that...sometimes it becomes mindless. Often times I figure out what I ate and I record that too but I can't let this go on anymore. This could be the reason why I am struggling to lose the last 8 - 12 pounds I would like to lose. I need to focus on this and come up with a plan. There is no easy way...it's always a struggle!!

PS: GO PATRIOTS!!! So excited!!


4 comments: