Sunday, February 4, 2018

After reflecting...I am ready to start...

So after taking the month of January to reflect on 2017 and I am now ready to focus on 2018. I am ready to make a few changes...add a few things... and become a stronger and better person. 2018 I hope you grant me this mulligan!

I reflected on not only what I did during 2017 but also on what I did not accomplish during 2017. I reviewed the list of resolutions I came up with at the end of 2017 and decided I needed to trim them down and really focus on what I really wanted. I also did a WOOP exercise for each resolution idea (don't worry I won't share all of it with you).

Do you know what I mean by a WOOP exercise? I was first introduced to this exercise by a friend who presented it at a networking event. During a WOOP exercise you pick a goal or resolution and break it down into four parts; Wish, Outcome, Obstacles, and Plan. By breaking your goals or resolutions down you can anticipate what might get in your way from achieving them.

So what will I focus on this year...Last year my word for 2017 was Strength...I am going to continue to use Strength but I have also added Control...worry about what I can control...not what I can't! However, my unofficial word for 2018 is WORK...As I was reflecting on things this past month I realized there is one thing I am always doing and that is work...not just the kind that I get paid for but other work. I wake up in the morning and I WORKOUT...then I go to WORK...after work I do SCHOOL WORK! And every single one of these is very important to me and is a priority.

In January I started writing and meditating in the morning. Granted some mornings I missed but worked hard to get it done. Even though I missed last Sunday I have brought my blog back into my life and plan to continue. Strength Training is a huge goal of mine...I want to get stronger and build my muscles which can help me with my endurance training and weight loss. I want this to be a habit and workout that is just as important as my swim, bike, and run workouts. Slowly I have added this in during the week. Not quite a habit yet.

As far as finances are concerned, I have opened two new savings accounts and have my money automatically moved into them...one step at a time. I decided to cut a few of my finance goals out and focus on just 1 or 2 and achieve those first. I need to take this one step at a time and control what I can control! On a totally different note I want to learn how to make pie crust and I need to finish my window/medal project (it's only been 3 years)!!

Of course throughout the year there will be full and half marathons...sprint triathlons and half ironmans and as I achieve the goals I have set above...it is my plan that these endurance events will be more and more successful!  I decided to break my goals/resolutions down in order to make them achievable. Looking at my large list from last year ... I did not accomplish a majority of my resolutions. I want 2018 to be different!

I am hoping for a successful 2018 not only for me but for all of you! I will keep you posted!!

For now great job Patriots! I am still so proud! Pitchers and Catchers arrive to spring training on February 13...Go Red Sox...The Celtics are in first place and the Bruins are in second! All is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment