Monday, April 3, 2017

Vacation and other updates

On Thursday morning I left Syracuse, NY and flew to  Naples, Florida for a brief but much needed vacation. I have been staying with one of my best friends in Naples, catching up with her and her family and warming up. The weather has been great and the trip has been very relaxing.

I have run outside without having to put on layers and layers of clothes. In fact on Sunday during a morning run I experienced something I haven't in several months, the feeling of sweat actually dripping off my body (I am not complaining). I did an open water swim workout in the ocean on Saturday. I love swimming in open water vs a pool but fighting the waves adds a whole other dimension. I have had a wonderful time and right now I am sitting by the pool enjoying the sunshine before I have to board a plane later this afternoon to head back.

Part of the excitement of this trip, besides warming up and spending time with dear friends, was buying new clothes to pack and also fitting into some that haven't fit for years. Prior to having the weightloss surgery I had done countless races and received the much anticipated gear. Often that gear sat in the back of the closet because the shirts that I received never fit right...mostly they were too tight. As I was packing for this trip I thought to myself what am I going to bring with me to wear when I run? I decided to look in the back of my closet in a bin of clothes and I found the four running shirts pictured above. I tried them on before I left and they fit perfectly. I was so excited to pack these much deserved race gifts and wear them as I ran around my friend's neighborhood.

Of course with every vacation you are always taking pictures. You need to capture every moment and share it with the world. And of course I did exactly that. However, as I was doing that I was comparing these pictures with ones that were taken 16 months ago in Florida and others that were taken just 365 days ago. This journey has not been easy, it is a work in progress every day. It has been trial and error every day since the surgery and it still is. Some days it is me against myself...the emotional eater against an individual who wants to be a success. This battle is never over and the surgery was a tool to help me get to my success not the answer. However, seeing these pictures gives me the answers that I need...I am on the right track and my hard work is paying off!!

365 days ago...just over 8 months post surgery

16 months apart both in Naples...just over 8 months post surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment