Sunday, April 23, 2017

One Week and Nine Months...

Today was my last long run before my next half marathon. I completed 8 miles and it was a beautiful morning there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I felt great while I was running, which I was happy about since I wasn't to excited about going out in the first place. I don't know why but my head wasn't in the right space when I was getting ready but then I went outside. What a difference some sunshine can do for you on any given day. The miles went by uneventfully but I was surprised when I saw my run splits. I thought I was moving faster than they indicated but either way I got it done.

Often I focus on my miles and my time but sometimes you just need to listen to how you feel. Today I felt great and that is what is important. Once I got started mentally and physically I felt strong. Next week I will be on the start line of my 12th half marathon. I will be running the Flower City Half in Rochester, NY. I have done this race twice already and I really like it. It has a special place in my heart. Stay tuned...hoping for another great day.

Tomorrow morning I have my 9 month follow-up appointment with my surgeon and my nutritionist. I can't believe it has been 9 months. I have put together a list of questions for my nutritionist to discuss with her tomorrow. As I increase my mileage and the intensity of my training I don't know how I should be eating. If this was prior to the surgery I wouldn't worry so much about what I was putting in my body, I would just feed the hunger. Now it is a different story and I need to be concerned and cautious. Even after 9 months I am still trying to figure out what is happening to my body.

Finally I plan to talk to my doctor and my nutritionist about these last 10 pounds I want to lose. In January I wrote down my weight at the time, 155 pounds and the weight I wanted to be by April 24th (tomorrow), 140 pounds. Currently I am 150 pounds...not where I wanted to be but I am down, that is a positive. Is this normal for patients to have their weight loss slow down or stall? Another positive...months ago God barely knew how much I weighed...I never would have shared my numbers. Now I don't care...I am happy to share.

I am still learning while I am on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment