Sunday, January 1, 2017

Strength in 2017



Every year I put together my resolutions for the new year. And like many others, at the end of the year I look back on the things I didn’t achieve. Even though I did a lot this year, and made some major changes, I still didn’t do it all. When looking at my resolutions from last year I came up with a “word” and a “phrase” to follow for the year. My “word” was Balance and my “phrase” was medication free. Based on just the words, I think I accomplished a lot. I am medication free and although not perfect I have worked very hard at being balanced. 

So 2017…what will be my phrase and what will be my word to carry me through the year?? My phrase is “The Year of Mo”. This is not to be looked at as a self-centered phrase but instead an opportunity to remember to take care of myself. It is a phrase to use to continue what I started in 2016 but also a year to do so much of what I want to do and continue the things I didn’t accomplish in 2016. 

My word for 2017 is “Strength”. It took me several days and a few runs to decide on this one word. However, to me this one word is a combination of so many others. When I started this process of coming up with my word, I kept coming back to “Spirit Mind and Body”. Under each of these words I have things I would like to accomplish and if all stay in sync you can create BALANCE. When you are balanced you have good HEALTH. Good health leads to feeling STRONG and with this STRENGTH you can accomplish anything!

Tri-ing to continue the journey!  Happy New Year Everyone!!

PS:I am not listing my resolutions here but please know I have a list. And of course on the list is to be more committed to my strength training...no pun intended ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Strength is such a great word! I love that you have a phrase that accompanies your word! Great idea!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete