Sunday, August 14, 2016

Clothes, workouts and swimsuits

Just after my surgery and being released from the hospital, with the help of my sister, I organized my clothes. If you struggle with your weight like I did and went up and down the scale, I can assume that you have a closet filled with many different sizes. I had a closet and two bins filled with clothes. So with my sister's help we sorted the clothes by size. I then tried some on and decided what I would keep and what I would donate, knowing I would never wear them again. This was two weeks ago and after we sorted the clothes we donated an entire bin to the rescue mission.

For the next week I didn't wear many different outfits. I was still home from work and pretty much wore yoga pants, t-shirts and my pajamas. So when I finally returned to work I started to wear the clothes that we organized. If you don't step on the digital box (scale) every day trying on clothes is a nice way to judge how you are doing. My first day back I wore a dress that I realized I may not be wearing again. I am losing weight, which is the plan, and I am losing it in my upper body area first. So with this in mind my bras are loser and so are many tops and the tops of dresses. On Friday I brought another bag of clothes to a consignment shop. The shop took half the clothes I brought to them and I made $24 off of what I was giving away. Instead of bringing the remaining clothes home I brought them to the Salvation Army and donated them there.As time goes on I have a feeling that donating clothes and bringing them to consignment shops will become part of my routine.

I have continued my workouts since the surgery and they have included walking, running, biking and swimming. I have been taking it easy because I am still trying to balance my nutrition with my effort level. So when I got on my bike, I was on my trainer and road for about 30 easy minutes. I was so excited to get back in the pool, which I did for the first time last week. I didn't go too hard but I had to move quickly because I was swimming in between thunder storms. I was able to get a good 22 minute swim complete before the thunder began. In between raindrops I have also been able to get a few runs in too. Today I completed a 3 mile run and it felt great. I have been run/walking as to not over do it. For every minute that I run I then walk the same amount. It isn't fast but I am covering the miles.

As I mentioned I went swimming last week. A few years ago I bought several new bathing suits but did not use them all in the first season. At the beginning of this summer I brought out one of those suits and used it for the first time. The suit fit fine all summer until I tried it on last week. It was much bigger than the last time I wore it. Guess who will be checking out SwimOutlet.com very soon?!? Oh the fun has begun!

Stay tuned I head back to the nutritionist this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment