Saturday, August 6, 2016

10 days post surgery -- staples are removed.

Five Weeks Before Surgery --(hope the family doesn't mind)
Yesterday was a big milestone in this new journey, post surgery, My staples were removed! I had six incisions and about 3 staples per incision. I was anticipating a lot of pain from previous staple and stitches being removed, but to my surprise I didn't even know that it was happening. My surgeon was on vacation so I met with aphysician assistant named Chris. He was the same individual who discharged me from the hospital so I have met him before. We discussed my week post surgery and what I had experienced so far; the indigestion over the weekend ... I have been advised to continue with the prilosec.

We continued to discuss the fact that my blood pressure had dropped and my daily blood sugar levels were in normal range. I told him that I saw a number earlier that week that I had never seen before after pricking my finger. The number was 85 and I had to google to find out if that number was too low or normal. Come to find out it is in the normal range! It is amazing how fast the numbers drop.

We discussed going back to work and travel, since my job includes so much of that. I am going back to work on Monday but part-time. I will be back full time on the 15th of August. As far as travel is concerned I have been cleared to add that back to my life on August 23rd, which is one month post surgery.

The final discussion was about my workouts ... when can I run, bike or swim? Prior to surgery, I was told to plan on three weeks. Chris informed me that I could start those back up again. I am to take it easy and listen to my body. Keeping in mind that I am still trying to figure out my nutrition on a daily bases never mind for my workouts. I am looking forward to that first run ...it will be happening later today.

I am sure you are all wondering, what I couldn't wait to find out when I arrived at the doctor's office. What did the scale say? Oh the power of those digital numbers!! Well, I was down 10 lbs since the surgery and a total of 20 lbs since my pre-op appointment. That appointment took place just prior to starting the pre-surgery diet (shakes, protein bars and veggies). Of course being the numbers girl that I am (ha ha ha) I instantly wanted to know if I was on track ... my biggest fear in all of this to be the freak who has the surgery and doesn't lose any weight! As of right now I am on track!!

Another day on this journey!!

Tuesday, July 12th - 2 weeks before surgery

Monday, July 25th - the day before surgery

Monday, July 25th the day before surgery

Two weeks before surgery



No comments:

Post a Comment