Sunday, April 19, 2015

One day you wake up and your shorts don't fit...

So this morning I woke up and put on a pair of triathlon shorts that I have not worn in some time and jumped on my bike. I had a great ride and really enjoyed myself, which doesn't happen too often on the bike. After the ride was over I was doing some things around the house before jumping in the shower and still had the shorts on. What I discovered was that my shorts continuously slipped down and were quite big. So what is a triathlete to do ... go shopping for new shorts. This isn't a bad situation to be in, it fact it is a good problem to have. The only downside...I hate shopping for tri clothes. However, I will suck it up and do my best to find a size that fits.

After taking those five days off from workouts, April 6 - 10, 2015, I have worked out 9 days in a row and on some occasions it has been multiple workouts in a day. I feel good and the plantar fasciitis hasn't been bothering me too much. On Friday I had my first brick of the triathlon season...a little bike and a little run. I will have to schedule a few more of those into my workout schedule.

Yesterday I purchased a new pair of running shoes. It always amazes me that I don't bat an eye when the sales person tells me my sneakers are $120. I happily put the money down and walk out with my new shoes. Now if you took me shoe shopping I would be complaining the entire time how much i hate to buy shoes and I would not even look at a shoe that cost more than $40... now you know where my priorities lie!

Well I have to run and get the gym bag packed for my morning swim.


No comments:

Post a Comment