Thursday, March 6, 2014

Quiet Time

Some times you need to take advantage of quiet times.  It's often a gift you weren't expecting.  And sometimes you don't even realize you needed it until you are in the midst of it.  Today I attended an all day conference/retreat at work.  It's one of those retreats that you find yourself thinking all day long and by the end of the day you are brain dead.  It was a good day and a lot was accomplished but by the end you were done.  The gift that was given to us is that we were able to leave work early.  I decided to take advantage.  I got up this morning and swam so I didn't have to complete a workout so I gladly left when we were done.  I walked outside and the sun was shining and the temperature was about 30 degrees.  I ran a couple of errands and then I headed home.  I was in my house before 5 pm and I couldn't tell you the last time that happened.  I got changed out of my work clothes, put my sweats on, made a cup of tea and sat on the couch.  There wasn't any noise and it was heaven.  I didn't realize I needed that until I took advantage of it.  We all need time to rejuvenate our souls.  We need time to recover from all that life dishes out.

Sometimes we need to take the time to rediscover who were are and what we want.  To reconnect spiritually.  This usually takes longer than a quiet 30 minutes on the couch but I can tell you there will be a cup of tea involved.  This is what I am working on now and this quiet afternoon was a special gift I didn't see coming!

Day two of lent and I was in bed at 10:30 PM, up at 6 and got my workouts done before work!!!

Tri Mo Tri

No comments:

Post a Comment