Saturday, April 27, 2013

TODAY

Back on February 24th I ran a half marathon which I believe I told you about.  The first 8 miles of that run went really well, I even surprised myself how well things were going.  Well the last 5 miles were a different story. My right hip and foot were killing me during the 2nd half of the run and it slowed me down.  For about a month after that I eased up on my running in order to let the inflammation go away and to recover a bit.  The next couple of weeks I was traveling quite a bit for work so my other workouts became a bit limited while on the road.  I didn't have my bike to ride and not every hotel I stayed at had a pool.

During this time I got into a "Funk" and I was struggling to get out of it.  I knew it was happening but I couldn't stop it.  It wasn't that I didn't feel well and I wasn't in a bad mood I was just blase.  I knew that if I didn't put a stop to this feeling it would spiral out of control ... and I didn't have time for that!  So last night before I fell asleep I told myself that TODAY would be the first day out of the Funk, and only I could make that happen.

So when my alarm went off I got up and headed down to the Mountain Goat training run, which I was volunteering at for Team Believe.  I chalked the roads and cheered on my friends as they ran the course.  After that was over I headed to the CNY Triathlon Club's WTF for the new member orientation.  It was my first official duty as Club President ... in the air you could feel excitement and nervousness.  It is always exciting to meet new triathletes.

When that was over I headed home for lunch because I was starving and to change in order to head out for a run myself.  What a beautiful day outside!!  I had a great run and I enjoyed the warmth of the sun!!  TODAY was the first day out of my FUNK!!!  No more procrastinating ... TODAY is the day ...

To quote one of my favorite authors, and fellow Springfield, MA native, Dr. Seuss, Today is your day!  Your mountain is waiting.  So...get on your way!!

Boston Strong!

Are we there yet ...
PS: after three weeks I am down 3.5 pounds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment