Saturday, July 4, 2020

Frustrated ...

So three weeks ago I did some math to figure out how many calories I should actually be eating to lose weight. I was reading a book about nutrition and marathon training. The number I came up with was based on my current weight and did not take into account the number of calories I burn while working out. According to the final answer I was eating about 300 calories less than I had been. So I decided to increase the number to see if this would help me lose some weight that I have been struggling to take off.

I just want to lose 10 pounds...I am not asking for too much...10 pounds would be great. Well I weighed myself today and I have not lost an ounce!! What is going on??? I workout, I take in plenty of protein, I eat as much fruits and veggies as my body can handle, I do not over eat on cookies or chips...but yet I can't lose weight.

Maybe this is where I am supposed to be...maybe 1XX (I almost told you my weight...God doesn't even know) is where I need to be...I will admit I have not done any strength conditioning in about two weeks. Between the packing and moving I decided to take a break and not stress over it. However, I don't think that would make a huge difference. It hadn't made a difference when I was lifting 3 days a week for 4 weeks prior to the move so I don't think missing the past two weeks is the problem. I am not saying I won't get back to it, because it is important, it just isn't the problem.

Well this week I am going to start a 30 day program with Isagenix. It is a program that uses protein shakes, which have always been encouraged by my bariatric weightloss team. They did not encourage a specific company but getting my protein in using shakes. I never jumped on that train because I never had a problem getting my protein in. But I figure it can't hurt to try. Basically I would use two shakes a day as replacement meals, take in two snacks and one meal. And each day I can vary how and when I want to take in the shakes. For example one day I may want to have breakfast as my big meal and shakes at lunch and dinner or the opposite.

My clothes still fit; I feel fine; I am getting my workouts in but I want  the scale to move. It is a mental game with me...I want to see the magic number. I want to lose 10 but at this point 5 would be great. I just think I would feel a lot better about myself.

I hope everyone is doing well...I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment