Thursday, June 11, 2020

I've Been Here Before Part II

Day 2 of my checking in to let you know how I am doing. So my coach gave me the last few days off. In fact I have official rest days on my calendar until Saturday when I can get back at it. Between my GI Issues and the fact I was feeling tired, my coach saw that my training times were slowing down and I needed the break.

Taking days off can be tough for me. I get scared with how my body will react...more importantly how the scale will react. I haven't gone near the scale this week and I have made a conscious effort take in enough protein, avoid sugar, and stay within my calorie range.

As a result of these days off my legs are feeling better, I don't feel as tired...I am still dealing a bit with the GI issues but not as bad as it was this past weekend. I am hoping that things calm down in that category before I run again on Saturday!

I had to laugh at the post I received on Garmin. Garmin shared with me that I am "peaking". Prior to this statement, I was unproductive, which really does nothing for your self esteem. Peaking means that I am in "ideal race condition!". Garmin shared that I recently reduced my training load and this is allowing my body to recover. If only I had a race to be peaking for ... sigh. Instead let's hope I have great results during my long training this weekend!!

PS according to Garmin my fitness age is 20 and I am in the top 15% of my age and gender...I am happy with that!!

Keep moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment