Tuesday, September 18, 2018

What I did over my summer vacation...

I know, I know...I haven't been around. I started this blog at the end of August but never finished it. I need to get more consistent in my writing. I took a bit of a hiatus over the last three months. I promised I would write every Sunday but between school, work, and training by the time Sunday arrived I was too tired to write even if I had a lot to say. So since May what have I done...I have accomplished a lot this summer and I will share that with you.

June Half Marathon
1. Half Marathon in Virginia (June 2) - It was not a PR but I knocked another state off my list. I finished in 3 hours but I was ok with that because it was a very hot and humid day and one of the first I had faced for the season. I was training in very cool weather so this day threw me for a loop. It was a nice course and I finished my 15th half marathon.

2. Training in Lake Placid (4th of July) - I went up to Lake Placid for a little R&R from life and added in some training. I swam, biked and ran in the beautiful area I call Heaven. It was a very HOT trip to LP but I so enjoyed it.
Lake Placid

3. Gillie Girl (July 15) - participated in one of my favorite triathlons in the area. It is a fun day to be with friends who are competing and volunteering. Always a good time. I finished 8th in my age group!

4. Ride for Cayuga Heart Health (July 21) (50 miles) - Second year I did the Ride for Cayuga Heart Health. This year I did the 50 mile ride. I was happy with how the ride went. I finished the ride in 4 hours...had a few hi-cups along the way...dropped my chain and had some leg cramping but I managed to finish and I was happy. The leg cramping was a sign of my nutrition...a sign saying I needed to work on that. 

5. Two years post surgery - This summer marked two yeas post surgery (July 26). The honeymoon is over and the hard work has begun. My weight is down but I am stuck in one spot on the scale I would love to lose 15 more pounds and it is hard. The surgery fixes the stomach but old habits and negative talk don't go away...you need to work at it!!
2 years post surgery











6. 50 mile ride around Skaneateles Lake (August) - This ride was an accomplishment. This ride accomplished two things...I completed another 50 mile ride and I did something that terrified me. I rode around Skaneateles Lake (and all of its hills) by myself and I survived. I was so nervous but I did it!!





















7. Cleveland August 12 - I competed in the USA Triathlon National Championships - Sprint. It was a fabulous weekend and I had such a good time. I was happy with my time and how I felt. The weekend intimidated me with all the athletes around me but I look forward to someday going back!!




















8. Cazenovia Triathlon August 26 - 1st in my age group - yes you read that correctly. The Cazenovia Triathlon was my second triathlon in 2001, which happened to be the Caz Tri's first year. This event holds a special place in my heart. I have always done the sprint race but this year I decided to do the Olympic Distance. It is a tough race but I did it and came in first in my age group...why...because I showed up!!
Waiting for the race to start - post warmup



















Age Group - First Place



No comments:

Post a Comment