Sunday, September 23, 2018

I have been so naive...

It has been two weeks since the Lake Placid 70.3 and I have been so tired and not feeling 100%. I have not been able to figure it out until this weekend when my coach and a friend of mine both said that I could still be recovering from the race. I found this strange since I was still able to workout without being in pain and I thought I was recovered the Wednesday post race when I could stand-up, sit-down, and move without my body hurting. Obviously I was wrong.

As many of you know I now am faithful to my morning workouts but that has not always been the case. I had to train myself to get up in the morning. Well lately I have been hitting the snooze button too often or falling back to sleep after the alarm has gone out. I have been questioning this rut that I have been in fighting the alarm clock. However, when I think about it, it started after the race.

I have been completing my workouts but I have been fighting being tired or wanting to do them at all. I have put some workouts off, bitched and moaned about doing them, but I have gotten them done...just not with a lot of flash and flare.

Today I woke up very sick, stomach upset, and not feeling well at all. I ended up back in bed for another 2+ hours and by the time I got up the last thing I wanted to do was eat let alone go out and run 14 miles. I waited a few hours, had some toast and attempted a run. I didn't get the 14 miles I was supposed to but did complete 5 miles.

I am not expecting praise for this workout. I just had a learning moment this weekend. My body needs time to recover. I need to let it do its thing...I just hope it decides quickly that it is recovered and ready to go...I have things to do!!


This picture is an example of when I put off and bitched and moaned about a workout. I had to do six 1/2 mile repeats. Oh I did not want to do them...didn't get them done in the morning so I had to dig down deep and get them done after work. I did it...didn't enjoy it...but I did it. Now they are back on my schedule for this week...UGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment