Sunday, April 22, 2018

Another Week - Work Travel included - April 22

It's amazing what some sun and warm temperatures can do for you! This week I saw snow, cold, sun, and warm temperatures.

On Monday I got in the pool. I hadn't been swimming in quite some time. I have to admit that I felt that fact...I was not as fast as usual and I was tired during the workout. But I got in...which is a great accomplishment. Tuesday I got on my bike and in the afternoon headed to NYC for work. I will admit I was supposed to run on Tuesday but when I got up and saw it was snowing again, I lost it a bit. I just didn't have it in me that day to put the layers on again!

On Wednesday morning I got up and ran in Central Park. I completed a 5 mile fun through the park in 43 degree weather. The sun was shining and flowers were blooming. It was heavenly! Travel day on Thursday brought on a rest day. On Friday the warm temperatures continued and I had a speed workout on the schedule. The workout went well, in fact every mile was faster than the previous one. I finished up the week of training with a ride on my bike trainer, some strength training, and a 6 mile run on Sunday. With the temperatures getting close to 60 you couldn't have asked for a better day.

Today was the last long training run for my next half marathon. Next week I will be on the start line of my 14th half marathon. I will be participating in the inaugural National Women's Half Marathon, and I am excited. Training has gone well despite the cold and snow, I didn't let it stop me, except for this past Tuesday, ha ha!

Did you notice I said I completed a strength workout this week. I setup shop in my living room. I figured if I
saw it every day there was no way I could ignore it. I know how important it is and I have goals I need to achieve. I also know by adding strength training in on a regular basis will help me achieve these goals. Today I actually measured parts of my body so that as I continue this regimen I can measure the results. Yes, it is using numbers to measure my results but I am not just focused on the scale!

Finally I am curious to see if anyone noticed I changed the title of my blog? It is the same blog that I started in 2012 but over time goals, situations, and my focus has changed. So I have decided that my blog needed to change with me. I am a post bariatric weight-loss surgery athlete and this affects my daily life and my training. It is not a bad thing, that is for sure, I just approach my days differently. On a continuous journey...setting goals along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment