Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas!!

June 18th was the 6 month Anniversary of my niece's marriage. On June 18th I wore the dress on the left to her rehearsal dinner. When my niece commented on social media that she had already been married for 6 months I thought of that dress and what it would look like now?!?! So I got it out of the closet and tried it on. I am happy to say that it is huge on me now!

It hasn't even been 5 months since my surgery but I am seeing a such a change. Recently I went to dinner with some friends who I had not seen in quite some time and it took them a few minutes to recognize me. That is always fun. As I walk through this adventure, sometimes it is hard to the changes myself but it helps to see them through the expressions on the faces of friends.

Last night I went to dinner with another group of friends who have been so supportive of this entire journey. They were some of the first that I shared my decision with. I was excited to to be with them and to share my updates.

Just yesterday I stepped on the scale again and it had gone down. I am now down 63 pounds since July and a total of 90 pounds from my heaviest weight 2 1/2 years ago. I am only 20 pounds away from my goal weight! I feel great and I am so happy with my decision to have this surgery.

2016 has been quite the adventure. Some days have been overwhelming and even scary. However, I wouldn't change a thing. I was the person who needed to be convinced the most when making the decision to have the surgery. Not my friends or family, they saw this as the best decision I could have made and saw that it was important for me. So many days I still can't believe that I did it; that my clothes are getting smaller and more importantly that I am getting smaller. It wasn't an easy decision and neither has been the journey. However, through life, I have learned that taking the easy route isn't always the best way.

As we celebrate the Christmas holiday and the end of 2016 I look back and see this year as a new beginning! I am excited for what lies ahead in 2017!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations I knew you could do it! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete