Thursday, August 27, 2015

What's next?

Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it.


Hard is what makes it great ---- A League of Their Own

It's been 3 months since I have met with my diabetes coach and on Tuesday, August 25th I returned. I have been working very hard at controlling my daily blood sugar levels. There is so much I can do to produce low numbers but sometimes one meal can throw you off. It happens sometimes when you go out to dinner or When traveling, you think you have made the best choices and then that evening or the next morning's read is up high. I am happy to report that my coach was pleased with my numbers. The majority of the time they were great but there were a few times when they were high. However, we could look back on my daily food intake and were able to pinpoint what I had eaten that made the levels high.

During our appointment we discussed some side affects and issues I have been having with one of my medication. I have been feeling the affects of some of the medication to the extreme and these side affects wreak havoc on my daily routines. So we decided to change up some of my medications to see how I do. I have to try the new medication for a month and then report back in with her via email to see how I am feeling.

The good news is I don't have to go back to my coach for another 6 months. However, I have my work cut out for me during these next six months. I have to break the weight plateau I have been on and continue to bring it down. I lost the 41 pounds and during this summer I hit a stand still. The weight is going to be key. So my blood sugar numbers need to stay low and my weight numbers need to come down. I feel like my body has changed, clothes fit differently in the areas that I lose the weight first (my hips, legs and upper body) but my mid section is still an issue. I need to increase my vegetable intake (not easy for me) and decrease my daily fat grams. Doing all of this while keeping my blood sugar levels low too ... this won't be easy but as the quote up top states...if it were easy everyone would be doing it.

In 6 months the weight needs to drop. No more plateaus ... No more sliding by ... this is more than just my blood sugar numbers, this affects my blood sugar levels. The scale is important too. I need to follow a low fat/low carb diet. I need to be strict and I need to make sacrifices. I need to say no, not just in public but when I am home alone too. Most importantly I need to plan. Exercise is not enough, my diet is keeping me from succeeding. This will not be easy, this will be hard. I have to stop finding excuses and start making a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment