Sunday, January 11, 2015

27.43 miles

In the last 11 days I have run a total of 27.43 miles.  Just keep moving forward is my mantra!  The best part of this update is that the running that I have been doing over the last 11+ days hasn't been a chore.  I have actually enjoyed hitting the pavement.  It has been empowering and peaceful at the same time. I am just hoping I can keep this up! 19 more weeks until the marathon!

I was recently reading through some past blogs and I realize that I have not given you all an update on my water drinking challenge.  Back in November I challenged myself to drink a gallon of water a day for 28 days.  I have to admit it was tough.  A gallon of water is a lot to drink in one day.  Keep in mind it is not the only thing that I drank so add a gallon onto my morning cup(s) of caffeine and/or other liquids and it is tough.  Some days I achieved my goal and other days I missed by a few ounces here and there.  I am glad I took the challenge on because I realized I didn't drink as much water as I thought.  I thought I drank a lot of water throughout the day but I wasn't even close.

The positives that  came out of drinking that much water.  I limited my cups of caffeine (Tea) and also cut out soda.  In the 28 days that I took this challenge on, I had one soda.  I was at a work event and I needed a caffeine pick me up and soda was my only option.  Since I finished the challenge, I haven't had a soda.  I think I broke the habit!

So how much water am I drinking now? 80 ounces a day is my goal...it seems reasonable and doable!

Just keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment