Monday, September 24, 2012

I am a Runner

Today on Facebook this picture was posted by "I love to run" and other than the "mom" quote at the bottom of the page I could totally relate to this post. I don't have the latest gadgets, in fact my running watch I bought for $12 at Target.  It is a watch and a stop watch and that is all that I need.  I have won a race twice in my life ... in the 7th grade I was the only person in my class who could complete the mile without stopping and when I was 15 years old I came in first in my age group at a 10K.  I still have the trophy from that race, it means that much to me.  However, every race I enter I am competing against myself and the clock.  I want to be better than I was the last time I competed.  I want to improve every time I cross the finish line.  I am a bit thick around my middle and I don't look like a triathlete or a runner but I am moving forward!!  I win every time I get off the couch.  I win every time I take a step forward.  I win every time I try harder!  I AM A RUNNER!!

No where is it written that everyone has to be the fastest ... someone has to win and someone has to come in last.  No where is it written that we have to win ... there isn't much room up on the winning podium for everyone.  Create your own podium.  Stand tall on your own podium.  We are all winners just for trying and for moving forward!!  I AM A RUNNER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment