Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Frustrated...ugly habits

I try to keep this blog focused on my workouts, endurance events, and life after bariatric surgery. However, sometimes you need to vent and when you are frustrated about life it can effect your workouts and how you react to it. I realize that things could be a lot worse and I try to see the bright side of things but I am having trouble.

On Wednesday, May 16 on the way to work, my check engine light started to flash. According to the car manual, if the light is flashing you should bring it to a mechanic right away. I called the shop where I bring my car and they took my car immediately . At the end of the day I picked up my car and thought all was good. Until Friday, May 19 at 4 pm...the light came back on again. I brought my car back to the mechanic right away and left it for him to check. This was the start of commencement weekend at the college where I work, and I really did not want to deal with this.

To make a long story short it is Tuesday, May 22 in the evening and my car is still not fixed. Supposedly it took some time to figure out the problem, then parts haven't been delivered, and blah blah blah...to get me really frustrated the repair shop has not felt the need to call me at any point to give me updates. I have been contacting them every day and today I called at 4:30 pm to find out the part wasn't delivered and they did not work on my car at all!! But did they call me...NO!!!

I am single with only one car. I have depended upon my friends and colleagues to help me out this week and I am grateful for them. However, when you are single and your car doesn't work, you feel totally alone! I don't like to ask for help but I need to get to work!

The reason I am sharing this is due to my stress, being tired, and having time constraints my workouts and being  mentally present around food has suffered! When I am tired and stressed old habits come back...food becomes my comfort. Throughout the weekend because of my work schedule (All day Friday, 16+ hours on Saturday, and 9 hours on Sunday) I was drained and exhausted. I did not complete my workouts and the only thing I got done was 35 minutes on the bike trainer on Sunday.

I have jumped back in as of Monday, a 3 mile run, followed by 45 minutes on the bike trainer on Tuesday and I have felt great. The problem is I am still using food as comfort to get through all of this. I am embarrassed to admit that but lying won't get you any where especially lying to yourself. I am traveling overnight for work, a quick trip to Buffalo, starting tomorrow. Let's hope I can relax a bit and not worry about my car for some time. Eating my way through things will not fix my car. Fingers crossed I can pick up my car soon. I need to go grocery shopping...I need some fruits and veggies!!

Keep moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment