Monday, October 27, 2014

registrations...

I am sorry it has been weeks since my last post.  My life has become my workouts, work and school work.  I don't have a lot of time to myself.  It is right now 10:51 and I should be in bed since I have to be in the gym in the morning.  However, I have to share some updates.

The scale is still moving in the correct direction and as of today, October 27th I am now down 25.5 pounds!!  I am excited.  I wish, like so many others that it will come off faster but I will continue to take it one step at a time.  The one thing that still frustrates me is, I feel different; my clothes feel different but I recently saw some pictures of me and it doesn't look like there has been much change in my appearance.  I know in time it will show ... patience isn't my best quality.

It has been almost 2 years since my last half marathon and 9 years since my last marathon.  I have been starting to get the itch.  So a few weeks ago I registered for the Lake Effect Half Marathon in February, which happens to be my last half and the Vermont City Marathon in May.  I decided to register early and get them on my calendar so my work schedule doesn't get in the way.  I need to focus on something when completing my workouts and this will help me.  I don't want anything to get in my way.  I am in the midst of trying to heal an injury, fractured hand, but I don't think that should slow me down in the long run (no pun intended).  I haven't told too many people but now you all know so it is out there!  I haven't set any big goals with both of these races, just to cross the finish line, in the allotted time.

I am looking forward to the races but there still is a lot of time on the calendar.







No comments:

Post a Comment