Sunday, September 7, 2014

I lit the match

When I changed the theme of my blog I knew I had to get the fire back. I needed to make my workouts a routine.  And I knew I had to do this one step at a time. I could not just jump ahead to a finish line and hope the results would be different. I was killing myself and kidding myself thinking if I just continued to do what I was doing I would get the results I wanted.

I started things off slow. Getting the workouts in when I could during the day. And that was going well but some days a workout just did not happen. Well two weeks ago I decided to kick it up a notch. I wanted to get my workouts done and not have any excuses.  I started to workout in the morning.  I made an agreement with a co worker. We would meet at the gym in the morning before work. We don't have to workout together, or even talk to each other (ha ha Cheryl) we just have to hold each other accountable to be there.  As a result I have worked out 8 days in a row. In just a week I have felt so much better. Although I hate the sound of my alarm in the morning, I love completing the workouts and not having to worry about them.

The fire still isn't lit but I have struck the match!

No comments:

Post a Comment