Wednesday, September 18, 2019

A Work in Progress Can be Frustrating!!


I always said I would be completely honest on this page. I would tell the truth and not sugar coat it and today I will continue that promise. Today's post is my constant struggle with my weight and the scale!

The other day I jumped on the scale, trying to do this only once a week, and I saw the number. Once again not going anywhere but staying where it has been for quite some time. No I will not share the number with you! Yes, I always promised I would be honest but God doesn't even know that!! I decided after I saw the number I would look back and see how much I weighed a year ago and then two years ago.

A year ago I was 7 pounds lighter than I was this past Friday. Two years ago I was 17 pounds lighter than I was this past Friday. I know this because I add my weight to the app My fitness pal. I have been using My fitness pal, tracking my weight and food for over five years. Seeing the two different numbers over the last two years frustrated me because every day I work at this. Every day I do my workouts, trying to get stronger and faster, and along with that I record what I eat, I actually weigh and measure my food, and the scale, that stupid magical box HATES ME!! Yes I know we are human and we are not perfect every day...we have our cheat meals etc...but due to my GI issues I can't have too many cheat meals or I am paying the price for days.

The only saving grace to all of this is that even though the scale has changed in the wrong direction, my clothes sizes have gotten smaller. I have had to purchase smaller sizes over this past season. And I am wearing many of the same clothes that I bought two years ago.

I know what you are about to say...Celebrate that Maura!!! Don't pay attention to the number on the scale, Maura!! Use a different measuring stick Maura!!! I know all these lines so well but if only the stupid scale would agree!!

I am not asking for much ... I would be happy with the number from one year ago. It is a constant battle and maybe someday I will accept where I am but I am not ready to give up the fight. That magical box will not win! It is a constant battle, the struggle is real, and I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment