Monday, August 7, 2017

One Year...

July 26, 2017...1 year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8760 hours...525,600 minutes (I hope my math is right...isn't always my strong point) since I underwent Bariatric Bypass Weight-loss Surgery...I haven't regretted it for one moment. As of July 26, 2017 I have lost 101.5 from my heaviest weight. I know I still have 8.5 pounds to lose but I have gained so much.

Since the surgery and the weight-loss I feel amazing. This surgery has given me more than just the weight-loss. Within this year I had three goals that I wanted to achieve as a result of the surgery; 1. lower blood pressure and get rid of medication 2. reverse type 2 diabetes and get rid of medication and 3. become a faster runner. I accomplished all three goals and I plan on being even faster in the future!!

Before and After...some days I feel like I haven't changed at all. On those days I need a reminder of how far I have come. In the last few months I have had friends not able to recognize me. I have even walked by store front windows and I didn't always recognize the reflection back at me.

I can remember over a year ago questioning if I should have this surgery. Knowing that it would help but would it fix everything? Then of course I laugh at the fact that shortly after the surgery I shared my fears with my nutritionist that I would be the freak patient that would never lose weight...ha ha...

This surgery is a tool, I still need to do the work, every day! I have to make sure I never forget where I was and never go back.


The Sunday before my anniversary I participated in the Gillie Girl Triathlon...this was my third time doing this event and I PR'd it. I ended up 9/25 in my age group and 74/239 overall...unofficially I was second out of  the water in my age group. My official finish time was 1:42:23...some days I have no idea who I have become...but I am not stopping!

I love the workouts and I love the competition. I always loved it before the surgery but what a difference it makes not to be carrying around 100 pounds. As I said I accomplished my third goal by becoming of faster runner...and I only want to become a stronger and faster athlete.

What will the next 365 days hold for me? Not giving up, losing the last 10 pounds. Continuing with my workouts...completing another triathlon, a couple more half marathons and a marathon....but what else? Do I dare to dream greater?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
    Dietsinreview

    ReplyDelete