Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A promise is a promise

Years back, when I first started this blog and every time in between, I always promised that I would write about the good, the bad and the ugly. The last few blogs I have shared with you my running accomplishments and my weight loss. I have also shared with you the Bariatric Weight Loss surgery is a tool not the fix.

Yesterday I read an article about the weight loss process post surgery, written by a surgeon. He said that within the first year is like the honeymoon, it comes off quickly and with not much effort. He went on to explained that things will start to slow down and that is when the work will really begin.

I am presently in this time frame. Things are starting to slow down, the work needs to begin and I have to be careful that old habits don't show their ugly heads. What sort of old habits, you ask? The eating for no reason; the taking a bite of this or a taste of that; finding yourself mindlessly eating. Is it stress eating? Am I tired?

Some may say that I am in a good place...the place that I am aware that this stuff is happening and I can do something about it. However, the place that I am in right now is terrified! I don't want to go back and I want to keep moving forward.

Monday and Tuesday my workouts were half a$$. I went through the motions but didn't feel like I accomplished anything. Add that to the mindless evening eating and obviously I am feeling great about myself right now (insert sarcasm). Today was a better day, I attacked my morning bike workout and so far I haven't eaten anything other than what I planned. Each day is a new battle. Each day I have to face the hard work.

The next 18 days are very important and will be very challenging. I will be wrapping up my training before I face my marathon in Vermont. Also, work will be very busy and I have to make sure I am putting myself and my priorities first. This is not the time to go backwards.

Continuing in the new journey...stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment